Hello. My name is Gonzalo and I’m a 23-year-old Argentine (though I’ve lived most of my life in the US). I’m a big proponent of financial independence, frugality, and minimalism. I think these are crucial to unlocking maximum happiness, which is what it’s all about in the end, right?
This blog is an accumulation of my thoughts on how to live a meaningful life and my journey to financial independence.
If you want to take a quick look at where I’m at on the road to financial independence, I post my net worth online every month.
If you have any questions, comments, or just want to chat about anything on here feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
Quick recap of my life:
- July 22, 1994: I am born. Though I have two sisters (whom I’m sure my mom also loves) this day remains the happiest day of my mom’s life.
- July 2002: My family moves from Argentina to the United States. We go to the elementary school in order to enroll for the upcoming school year. Since I have completed half of second grade in Argentina (the school year there runs from March to December) they are unsure of whether to put me in second or third grade. They ask me to speak in English and, between my shyness and limited English skills, I say nothing. Second grade it is. To this day, my sisters love to say that I had to repeat the second grade.
- August 2001-July 2013: Lots of school, soccer, and tennis.
- August 2013: I start college at the University of Florida.
- April 2017: I graduate from the University of Florida with a degree in Computer Science. Go Gators.
- August 2017: I move to Seattle to work as a software engineer.